Hsu Growing Supply is a division of Hsu Ginseng Enterprises, Inc. and is located in Wausau, Wisconsin, the heart of ginseng country.
We currently have openings for the production line and for our retail office. We may have other positions available, so if you are interested in working for a family owned company, send us an email to email@example.com with your resume and cover letter!
The “Retail Associate – Hsu Growing Supply Farm & Garden Store” is responsible for performing work involved in assisting customers and maintaining the retail building; including providing exceptional customer service to our customers through properly displayed and maintained sales product line for optimal sell through, price products and assisting customers with their purchase of gardening needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual will demonstrate and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The ability to effectively communicate and interact in a positive manner, with all company personnel, regulatory agencies, customers, consultants and other contractor personnel is also required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities but not limited to -
- Provides exceptional customer service to HGS Farm & Garden Store customers.
- Answering phone calls in a professional manner.
- Maintains proper display and placement of signage.
- Performs sweeping and general cleaning of retail building.
- May operate equipment such as trucks, forklifts, bobcat.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Develops familiarity with other products and items sold through the retail garden center.
- Set standards for a satisfactory company image that invites customers to repeat their business.
- Follows company safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Support Jodie on the Hsu Farm in recycling efforts and maintenance of facilities
- Work is a mix of indoors and outdoors.
- May be asked to assist on the soil line or prepare bags for the soil line.
- Typical work hours are Monday through Friday. 7am - 3:30pm
- Seasonal hours 7am - 4:30pm M-F and 8am - 2pm Saturday.
- Ability to work a minimum of one weekend per month during the busy season (typically May-October depending on the weather).
- Additional hours may be required as workload dictates.
Experience, Education, Certification , licenses
- Valid driver's license is preferred
- Horticulture backgrounds not required but greatly appreciated.
- Previous experience working in a retail setting is preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Basic gardening knowledge preferred.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to coworkers and customers.
- Willingness to learn
- Mostly sitting answering phone calls and assisting walk-in customers.
- Occasionally will have to help load product for customers.
- Possibly up to 70 lbs (with assistance)
Spring and early summer tend to be more fast paced and in the winter a bit slower but still never a dull day. Being part of a small team, we all wear multiple hats. We like to see our employees grow and may tailor the job to fit their strengths. So if you have a knack for marketing, sales, media, etc., we are happy to help you grow within the company. We are also willing to train the right candidate.